Memberships are sold to a customer for a given period of time (e.g. a 1-year Membership). Spektrix automatically adds the Membership to the customer record for the amount of time specified in the Membership setup. However, it's possible to override this on a case-by-case basis if you need to occasionally change a Membership's duration.
For example, if you normally sell a 12-month Membership and need to sell a one-off 13-month Membership to a customer, you can do so by overriding the end date when selling it in the Sales Interface.
For basic information on how to sell a Membership, read this article first.
Overriding the expiry date of a Membership
- Start a new transaction in the Sales Interface
- Find and add the relevant customer to the basket
- In the top navigation bar, head to Subscriptions > Memberships
- Find the relevant Membership and add it to the basket by clicking the blue basket icon:
- Mouse over the Membership in the basket and tick the check box that appears to select it:
- From the Reserve dropdown, select Override:
- In the box that appears, tick the check box alongside Period and enter the desired date:
- Click Ok, then complete the transaction as normal