There are three ways of finding events: by ‘event’, by ‘calendar list’ and by ‘instance list’.
You can change your default search screen by clicking on the Control Panel in the bottom left corner of the screen and clicking on Change User Settings.
Tip: To enable instances in the past, tick the box marked Enable past instances.
(this option is only available when searching by calendar or instance)
Searching by Event
- Name: The name of the event to match. The search will attempt to match the text you have entered to any part of the event name so you do not need to enter the full name. The search is not case sensitive.
Example: Entering “mac” will match an event named “Macbeth”. Entering “beth” will do the same.
- Date Range: The search will match any Events which have Instances occurring within the date range you specify in the Start Date and End Date boxes.
- Start Date: This value will default to today’s date. Leaving it blank would search for all events in the past (not recommended).
- End Date: This value will default to today’s date plus a certain number of days. The number of days is 60 by default but can be changed in Settings > System Config.
- Event Attributes and Instance Attributes: if these have been set in Settings > Attribute Templates, and applied to your Events, you can search for any text in your attributes here. For example, you could search for "studio" if you have set a location as an Event attribute. (Search the Knowledgebase for "attributes" to read more about this.)
1. Once you have set the desired criteria, click on Search to carry out the search.
2. Once you have found the Event you are looking for, clicking on it will take you to a screen showing the dates and times when the Event occurs.
3. Three weeks are shown at once. To change which weeks are shown use the drop down box to select the start of the three week range.
4. Alternatively use the arrows on either side to go forward or back a week.
5. Click on a particular event instance to load the seating plan for that instance.
Note: By default the event search will display 10 result per page, so if your search has returned more than 10 events, you may need to use the page controls at the bottom to scroll to the later events.
Searching with the Calendar
Clicking on the Calendar view will display a list of event instances, in performance order. The display will automatically jump to the next week that contains active performances. You can use the drop-down menu to jump to a particular week, or use the forward or backward arrows to navigate one week at a time. Clicking on a particular event instance will load the seating plan for that instance.
In calender view, clicking on Go to today will jump to today’s date (only available if there is at least one active instance today).
Searching by Event Instance
Clicking on the Instances list will show a list of upcoming event instances, in chronological order. You can search for specific events by typing the event name in the ‘Name’ field, or by changing the ‘Start Date’ or ‘End Date’ and clicking search. Clicking on a particular event instance will load the seating plan for that instance.
You can also tick to "Order by availability", which will show the Instances with the most remaining tickets in reverse order (those with the most will appear first).
Tip: If you have already performed a search since logging in, clicking on the link to Event Search in the history will return you to your last search and allow you to modify it.