Once you are happy with the contents of the basket and have selected a delivery method, you will then need to settle the transaction by adding payments and/or refunds as necessary.
Note: The payments system is completely flexible and allows you to use any number of payments to settle any transaction. Particular care should be taken if you decide to take a payment that is greater than the remaining amount and then use a refund to bring the transaction into balance, however there are occasions when this may be useful so the system will not stop you doing it.
1. Click on the button on the left hand edge of the basket to fly it out.
2. The list of New Payments will display all the possible methods of payments. Each payment method will show the commission associated with it as well as a value showing the total amount that would need to be paid, to settle the transaction in full, including the payment commission.
3. Select the payment to use.
4. A popup, different depending on the payment method but with the following in common:
- Amount: This will default to amount remaining to pay to settle the transaction. Set this to a different amount if you want to only partially settle the transaction using this payment method.
- Charge Cmsn: This check box will only appear if the commission on the payment is not zero. Clear the check box if you want to waive the commission. This will clear the Amount box and you will need to set it by hand.
5. After entering the specific details required for the payment method as described below, click OK to confirm the payment.
6. The payment will be added to the list of payments.
7. Repeat this process if additional payments are required to settle the transaction. A red box around the list of Payments indicates that the transaction has not yet been settled.
Details specific to each payment method are described below.
1. Click on Cash to perform a cash payment.
2. If you do not have a Register open you will be required to open one before carrying out a cash payment. Click on the Register you would like to open. Registers which are open by other users are indicated as such.
3. Set the Amount and Charge Cmsn boxes as described above.
4. To confirm the payment click on Ok.
5. If you would like the system to calculate the change, enter the Amount Tendered and click on Calculate Change. The system will respond with the change due. Click on Ok to confirm the payment.
Chip & PIN
If you have Chip & PIN enabled on your system, you will see the option to take a payment by Chip & PIN.
1. Click on Chip & PIN to perform a Chip & PIN payment.
2. Set the amount you wish to collect via Chip & PIN and click ok.
3. The YESpay interface will popup and prompt the customer to insert their card and enter their PIN number.
4. If the authorisation succeeds the pop up will close and the payment will be added to the list.
5. If the authorisation fails, the system will notify you of the problems encountered. Modify the details as necessary click Ok to attempt the authorisation again.
Note: You will only be able to perform a Card Payment if you have a customer selected. This is because a billing address must be sent to the bank for authorisation.
1. Click on Card to perform a card payment.
2. Set the Amount and Charge Cmsn boxes as described above.
3. Enter the additional required information including selecting the billing address of the card. Click edit if you need to modify the customer’s list of addresses.
4. Enter any additional information specific to the card you are processing.
Example: Maestro cards require an issue number.
Tip: Verification Code is the three digit number printed on the back of the card.
5. Click on Ok to process the transaction.
6. If the authorisation succeeds the pop up will close and the payment will be added to the list.
7. If the authorisation fails, the system will notify you of the problems encountered. Modify the details as necessary click Ok to attempt the authorisation again.
If the customer you have selected has credit on their account with you, you are able to use this credit to make an account payment:
1. Click on Account to use a customer’s credit.
2. Set the amount of credit you wish to use (up to the total credit belonging to that customer) and click ok.