What is it?
As of release 33 you can now restrict certain actions in the sales interface. Users with a Sales Operator role will only be able to freely perform actions that are unrestricted.
If a restricted action is performed, a user with the Sales Administrator role will need to authorise the action before the operator can complete a transaction.
You can set up which roles users have in the Users section of the Settings module.
How do I use it?
- Navigate to Control Panel > Settings > Roles
- Here you will see a list of actions and items in the in the system that can be restricted:
- General Actions - restrict actions such as overriding a price
- Custom Payment Types - restrict which custom payment types a user can use
- Ticket Types - restrict the ticket types a user can sell
- Custom Reports - restrict the reports a user can run from the sales interface
- Lock Types - restrict which types of lock a user can lock and unlock
- Click the switch next to any action that you wish to restrict
- With immediate effect a sales operator will need authorisation to perform that action
Authorising a restricted action
- Anyone with the sales administrator role can authorise a restricted action.
- If a sales operator performs a restricted action then a pop up will display requesting a sales admin password before the user can continue
- Some actions will require immediate authorisation (such as locking or unlocking restricted locks or taking payment via a restricted payment type)
- Other actions (such as selling a restricted ticket type) will not need authorising until the user confirms an order - if this is the case then a padlock will display on the confirm button:
If an immediate action is authorised it is possible that the administrator will also need to authorise the order as well
Lock types can have a role restriction as well as an unlock password - if both are set then both are needed to lock or unlock those seats.
- We can now provide reports that show which users have authorised restricted actions
- We will be uploading this information to some standard reports in the near future
- Let support know if you need any custom reports in the meantime.