Here at Spektrix we’ve got a whole range of channels that we use for communicating, and this article takes a quick look at what those channels are and how you can find them.
This one you already know about, otherwise you wouldn’t be reading this article. Our Support Centre is where we post articles on all sorts of things - here are a few examples:
- Learning about articles - explain the intention behind system functions and suggest how they are best used.
- How-to articles - explain how to use specific parts of the system, from the basics of how a feature is set up and operates to more specific ways in which to use a certain function to achieve something in particular.
You can also use the Support Centre in a few other ways:
- If you need a hand with anything on the system, or need a new seating plan creating, you can let us know by submitting a request either using the Submit a request option or by clicking on one of the Request buttons at the top of the screen.
We send out regular email updates talking about what’s been going on in Spektrix land, and what’s coming up. We’ll often include little hints and tips in these emails, links to recent blog posts, and our thoughts on what’s happening in the wider arts industry.
If you don’t already get these but would like to, you can sign up at here. If you keep your role and work area up dated in the system we can then ensure that you receive the most relevant content.
We love social media - you can find us in most of the usual places, talking about what’s going on in the arts, exciting Spektrix-related news, and gin. Here are a few links you might want to check out:
Keep an eye on #SpektrixCommunity - for all your Spektrix related news.
We’re constantly writing new blog posts, on everything from fundraising ideas to news from our partners, so there’s bound to be something of interest.
- The Spektrix Blog - https://www.spektrix.com/blog/
Our website has all sorts of information about us as a business, much of which you’re probably familiar with already. There are a couple of pages which you might like to check out though:
- Our People page - https://www.spektrix.com/people/ - will tell you all about our fantastic team
- Careers page - https://www.spektrix.com/careers/ - will keep you up-to-date with the latest opportunities to work at Spektrix
We work hard to make the system as reliable as possible but as with all software, problems can always occur. We want to be really open when things go wrong, letting you know what’s going on and why, so we have a Status Page where you can have a look at the status of the system at any point.
- Status Page - https://status.spektrix.com
The vast majority of the time, if you check out our Status Page you’ll see that everything is operational - just how we like it. If there is an issue however, we’ll make an update on there so you can see exactly what’s happening and what we’re doing about it.
We’d recommend you subscribe to alerts for individual components in the system so you’ll get an email or a text message if any part of the system you’re interested in starts to experience an issue.
Here's how to subscribe:
- Click the Subscribe to Updates button
- To receive email updates, fill in your email address and click Subscribe Via Email.
- To receive SMS updates, click on the phone symbol then select your dialling code, fill in your mobile number, and click Subscribe Via Text Message.
- You'll be asked to confirm your subscription before you start receiving notifications.
Once you've subscribed, you can choose whether to receive notifications on all parts of the system (or Components) or just certain parts.
For most users in venues, you’ll likely want to subscribe to the Spektrix System and your payment provider, a well as dotmailer and our Support Services if you wish.
We also use the Status Page to let you know about any periods of system maintenance that we’ve got planned. We sometimes have to take the system down for a short while, usually so that we can make upgrades to switch on new features we’ve been working on, and while we always do this at night so that we affect the system as little as possible, we still think it’s important that you know about it.
If you want to get in touch about anything that’s not covered here then feel free to give us a call. You can reach the Support team on +44 (0)20 7183 3586 for UK and Irish users or +1 (646) 569-9097 for North American users. We’re always happy to have a chat.