Please note, this article is specific to US-based organizations. Canadian users should click here, or UK users click here.
We understand that our invoicing reports can look a little daunting. They’re just a summary of what you’ve sold through Spektrix each month and the charges we’ve applied to those sales. The invoicing report you see in your system is based on the pricing plan you are on. Some of our clients who have been with us for a little longer might have a flat percentage fee, while others who have joined us in recent years will be on a plan which is structured differently.
To help you understand your charges, we have put together some information which will hopefully explain what each column is doing. We have based this on our current pricing models, which are structured as an annual minimum charge for a fixed amount of revenue, then a percentage thereafter. If you are unsure which pricing model you are on or would like any help interpreting your invoicing report, please get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.
Assuming you are on one of the standard plans (A, B or C), then:
- If you went live this year with Spektrix, you should run your report from your go-live date to the end of the year.
- If you were already live with Spektrix on January 1st, you should run your report with “this year” chosen from the drop down date criteria.
- Value: the monetary value of sales processed through the system.
- Chargeable Value: the value of sales which you are being charged upon, based on the $100 maximum value per item and the exclusions that might appear on your schedule (usually, donations).
- Cumulative Chargeable Value: a running total adding together the Chargeable Value from the previous months.
- Cumulative Inclusive Value: the pro rated value of sales which are included in your annual minimum fee (calculated from either your go-live date or the beginning of the year, depending on when you went live).
- In other words this is the cumulative value of sales up to which you won’t have to pay anything extra. Only once you go over this value will you be charged anything on top of your annual fee.
- For those of you who were already live at the beginning of the year, you will notice that the figure in December will reflect the total inclusive sales as per your plan.
- For more information on how this is calculated, see the How do you calculate the Cumulative Inclusive values? section below.
- Cumulative Additional Sales: the difference between the Cumulative Chargeable Value (the value of sales you’ve processed) and the Cumulative Inclusive Value (the value of sales included in your annual fee).
- If the Cumulative Chargeable Value is equal to or lower than the Cumulative Inclusive Value, you won’t need to pay anything extra.
- If the Cumulative Chargeable Value is greater than the Cumulative Inclusive Value, you will be charged on the difference, at the overage rate.
- Charge on Additional Sales: the additional charges per month on top of the annual fee, calculated by applying the overage percentage (the 5% or 1.8% on additional sales) to the monthly Cumulative Additional Sales value.
- Cumulative Minimum Charge: the pro rated annual minimum charge for either your go-live period or the current calendar year (depending on when you went live).
- In other words the annual fee divided by the number of days in the year (or go-live period), then multiplied by the number of days in each month.
- Cumulative Charge: the total value of charges, calculated by adding together the Charge on Additional Sales and the Cumulative Minimum Charge.
- Monthly charge: the total charge per month, obtained by deducting last month’s Cumulative Charge from the current one.
Please note: the service charge is exclusive of VAT and extra charges. Extra charges may include but are not limited to the following (please refer to your agreement for more information):
- Emails sent via the dotmailer platform.
- EPOS terminal charges.
- Opportunities interface fees.
How do you calculate the Cumulative Inclusive values?
The Cumulative Inclusive Value is calculated based on the sales plan you are on, as this determines the value of sales/number of items included in the annual cost.
- Plan A: $15,000 fee includes the first $250,000 of sales.
- Plan B: $24,000 fee includes the first $400,000 of sales.
- Plan C: $42,000 fee includes the first $1,500,000 of sales.
We calculate the value of these sales on a pro rata basis, i.e split out across the year. For example:
- $250,000 divided by 365 (or 366 if we are in a leap year) = $684.93 (rounded down)
- January has 31 days, therefore the value is $684.93 x 31 = $21,232.83
- February has 28 days, therefore the value is $684.93 x 28 = $19,178.04
As the values are cumulative, each month’s figure consists of that month’s value plus the cumulative value of all the previous months, until December’s figure which should always be the total for the year.
Spektrix Service Charge
Your Spektrix service charge is calculated based on the value of tickets and other items included in transactions recorded in your system. This includes transactions processed outside of Spektrix which are subsequently posted into your system, for example using the API. You will find details of your tariff in your Spektrix Application Services Agreement. If you would like a copy of this, or would like to discuss your service charge, please contact our Support team.
If you would like to discuss any of this further, please don't hesitate to get in touch with the Support team.