This article is relevant to Spektrix users in the US who accept payment by credit or debit card.
When taking card payments in the box office, you will need one or more PIN Pads (also known as Chip Readers, Chip & PIN machines or PEDs/peds). Spektrix uses the Ingenico Lane 3000 integrated PIN Pad.
Users in the UK and Ireland should refer to Ordering a PIN Pad (UK and Ireland). Canadian clients do not currently use integrated Chip Readers/PIN Pads with Spektrix.
Spektrix can connect to the Ingenico Lane 3000 Chip reader in order to take secure payments. The Ingenico Lane 3000 is PCI compliant.
TIP: The Ingenico Lane 3000 is only available for US Clients who use Worldpay as their Payment Gateway. If you would like to discuss adding or switching to Worldpay to begin using the Ingenico Lane 3000, please contact Support.
By integrating with WorldPay, Spektrix is able to directly process any payments taken through the Ingenico Lane 3000, and send them directly to your Merchant bank account. You can read more technical specifics about the Ingenico Lane 3000 in the Ingenico Data Sheet.
You can order the Ingenico Lane 3000 from POS Portal. Business hours are 8am-5pm PST. They can be reached as follows:
- Email: Retail Sales at Scansource
- Phone: 855-838-4611, Select Option 1
POS Portal will ask for the following information:
- What TriPOS platform are you on? TriPOS Cloud or Direct? Spektrix is compatible with TriPOS Direct
- What device do you need? Ingenico Lane 3000 are the only devices currently compatible with Spektrix for US clients
- What connection type do you need? Ethernet or USB? Spektrix is compatible with USB devices only
- Who are you processing with and do you have a rep that you work with directly? WorldPay will be your gateway for your device but please include information about your processor to POS Portal
Your finance department will be able to tell you which category your organization is in if you are unsure.
Once you receive your Ingenico Lane 3000, your next step is to set up the device.
The Ingenico Lane 3000 connects to Spektrix through the Box Office App.
For information on the App and how to proceed with an installation, read these articles:
- Introduction to Hardware and Spektrix
- Installing the Spektrix Box Office App
- Setting Up an Ingenico Lane 3000 Chip Reader
You can now order and install an Ingenico Lane 3000 for use with Spektrix.