This article is for Spektrix users in the UK and Ireland who use Ticket Scanners for entry management and scanning tickets at the door.
This article explains how to order Ticket Scanners for your organisation and provides links to help you install your new scanners. You will also find information to help you decide which Ticket Scanner to choose.
Clients in the US and Canada who wish to order Ticket Scanners should refer to our article Ordering a Ticket Scanner (US & Canada).
You can connect a range of Ticket Scanners to Spektrix. Most organisations choose Zebra or Saveo Ticket scanners.
You should consider the following when deciding upon which model is best for your organisation:
- Whether you need a combined Ticket Scanner/Android device (i.e a scanner with built in connectivity)
- Whether you want a Ticket Scanner to use with your own Android or Apple device
- Whether you want to use the scanner indoors with Wi-Fi connectivity or outdoors with a 4G connection
Spektrix works with both Zebra TC22, TC27, TC21 and TC26 Ticket Scanners.
- The Zebra TC22 has Wi-Fi connectivity, and measures 16.50cm in length, 7.60cm in width and 1.25cm in depth The Zebra TC21 is best used indoors with a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- The Zebra TC27, has Wi-Fi, 5G and 4G connectivity, and measures 16.50cm in length, 7.60cm in width and 1.25cm in depth. The Zebra TC26’s 5G and 4G connection means it can be used for outdoor events, or indoors with Wi-Fi.
- The Zebra TC21 has Wi-Fi connectivity, and measures 15.80cm in length, 7.90cm in width and 1.30cm in depth. The Zebra TC21 is best used indoors with a stable Wi-Fi connection.
- The Zebra TC26, has Wi-Fi and 4G connectivity, and measures 15.80cm in length, 7.90cm in width and 1.30cm in depth. The Zebra TC26’s 4G connection means it can be used for outdoor events, or indoors with Wi-Fi.
Zebra TC22, TC27, TC21 and TC26 scanners have built-in connectivity so do not require additional mobile/cell phones to operate.
- The Saveo Bolt is the larger of the two models, measuring 14.05cm in length, 8.50cm in width and 10.50cm in height.
- The Saveo Pocket Scan 2, is the smaller option, measuring 8.07cm in length, 5.03cm in with and 2.0cm in height.
Saveo Bolt and Saveo Pocket Scan 2 scanners require additional mobile phones to operate.
IMPORTANT: If you are using an Apple device with the Saveo BOLT, you may need to order a cable kit add-on. This can only be purchased as part of the initial ordering process.
The cable kit add-on (SCF003-KIT) includes:
1 x Premium USB Type-C cable (SCUSBC)
1 x Flex-Protect Lightning device cable (SCF003)
Please request this when ordering your scanner.
Once you have chosen your preferred make and model of Ticket Scanner, Spektrix users in the UK and Ireland can purchase directly from Spektrix. When you are ready to place an order, contact Spektrix Support for information on prices and to raise a quote. Please have the following information ready:
- Your Contact Name
- Your Delivery Address
- Your Contact Email
- Your Contact Telephone Number
Once you receive your Ticket Scanner, the next step is to configure the device. Refer to these articles, relevant to your choice of Ticket Scanner:
- Introduction to Hardware
- Introduction to Ticket Scanners
- Setting Up a Zebra Ticket Scanner
- Setting Up a Saveo Ticket Scanner
You now have all the information you need to order Ticket Scanners for use with Spektrix.