In this article you will learn how to edit a Price List. Before you read this article, make sure you’re familiar with:
Why edit a Price List?
There are several reasons to edit a Price List. For example, you may want to:
- Edit the Price List for future use such as making price adjustments for the following season without affecting the current season
- Edit the Price List for future use and affect all the Instances currently using that Price List such as correcting prices for a show before it goes on sale
- Edit the Price List for one specific Instance such as creating a special Price List for one show's opening night
Editing a Price List
Change the Price List for multiple Instances
To edit a Price List for multiple active Instances, navigate to Admin > Pricing > Price Lists and click on the Price List you wish to change. Then click Edit at the top-right corner. Edit the values that need updating in the Price List.
Once you have updated the new prices click Save and a pop up screen will appear with some options:
- “None”: To update the Price List for future use only. This will save the changes and affect none of the Instances currently using it. The Instances will retain the original values from the Price List but their Price List name will change to “Custom”.
- “All future live Instances”: To update the Price List for all live Instances currently using it and for future use. All live Instances will be updated. Draft Instances will retain the original values from the Price List but their Price List name will change to “Custom”.
- “All future live and draft Instances”: To update the Price List for all live and draft Instances currently using it and for future use. All live and draft Instances will be updated.
- “Those selected below - click to select those to update”: To update the Price List for only the specific live Instances selected from the list and for future use. All Instances left unselected will retain the original values from the Price List but their Price List name will change to "Custom".
Once an option is selected, click OK to save and update.
If you want to change the Price List for multiple Instances to an existing Price List, you can do so by using the Bulk Instance Updater Tool.
Change the Price List for a single Instance
You can edit a Price List only for a specific Instance.
Navigate to your chosen Instance via Admin > Events > Choose Event > Select Instance. Once you have opened that Instance, click on the Price List tab on the left side of the screen.
This will open up the Price List details section. Click on Edit in the bottom-right corner. You will notice there is now a dropdown menu on the top-left from where you can either select an existing Price List to use or select “Custom”. If you select “Custom” then you can manually change the prices for each Ticket Type. Click Save when you have finished editing and just that specific Instance will be updated.
There are times when you would want to make a temporary adjustment to the Price List such as offering a discount during a presale. Instead of manually editing a Price List from presale prices to standard prices before an onsale, consider creating an Offer instead.
You should now be able to edit a Price List in Spektrix. For more information about Price Lists, see the Price Lists: How to Create Them section of the Support Center.