What are Ticket Commissions?
Ticket Commissions are charges that can be applied to individual tickets using a Ticket Commission Structure. Multiple sets of Ticket Commission Structures can be built and applied to different Instances.
A Ticket Commission can be set as a specific amount or percentage of the ticket price, and can be waived automatically for certain Customers Online and in the Box Office.
Before you read this article, make sure you are familiar with:
Setting up Ticket Commission Structures
You will need to ensure that you have set up all required Ticket Types on the system before setting up Ticket Commission Structures.
To set up a new Ticket Commissions Structure, follow these steps:
- Go to the Admin Interface > Pricing > Ticket Commissions
- At the bottom of the page, select Add
- In the pop up, give the Ticket Commission Structure a name and description, then choose a type
Global Fixed Value or Global Percentage: This means that all Tickets in use for the Event will have the same value or percentage charge on the Counter, Web and Phone. Custom fixed or Custom Percentage by each Sales Channel, Priceband and Ticket Type: This setting will let you set a different value or percentage based on a combination of Sales Channel, Priceband and Ticket Type.
If you choose a custom setting, the next step allows you to set the value or percentage against each Ticket Type. The amount you set here is the fee that will be added to the Ticket price.
- If you selected a Custom option, you can set up the different amounts for the Counter, Web and Phone by using the tabs at the top of the screen
- Click Next
- Specify any Waive Criteria if applicable
You may have a Corporate Membership which gives members booking. Dragging Corporate Membership from the Membership criteria into the dotted section would mean that any Customer who has a membership would not pay any Commission.
- Click Save
Ticket Commissions will not automatically be applied to any Instances on the platform, so you will need to apply these to built Events.
Applying Ticket Commissions to new Events
When you are creating a new Event, add the Ticket Commission on the Instance level using the Ticket Commission dropdown; select the relevant Commission structure.
If you are editing an existing event you will need to go through to each Instance and edit it to set the new Commission structure. Alternatively you can use the Bulk Instance Updater Tool to update multiple Instances
Editing Commission Structures
In order to edit Ticket Commissions, follow these steps:
- Go to the Admin Interface > Events
- Select the correct Event
- Select the Instance required
- Go to the Ticket Commission tab
- Click Edit.
- Make any changes
- Click Save.
Choosing how to display Commissions
You can change the setting in the Control Panel by going to Settings > Configuration > System Setup > Price Lists.
There are 2 options to choose from:
- Itemise Commission: Is to show any ticket commissions as part of the total price. This means that anywhere the price of the ticket is shown (in confirmation emails, seating plans and price lists) your customers will see the price of the ticket and the fee as separate items.
If you have a £37 ticket with a £1 ticket commission, your customers will see a price of £37 + £1
- Do Not Itemise Commission: If you switch this on your customers will see the total price of the ticket plus the fee with the breakdown of the fee in brackets:
If you have a £37 ticket with a £1 ticket commission, your customers will see: £38 (inc. £1 cmsn)
If the original order was discounted as part of an offer, the offer conditions may be broken if a some of the tickets are returned.
For example: If a Multibuy Offer requires 3 shows to be purchased, and you want to return tickets for 1 of these shows, the remaining 2 shows are no longer eligible for the discount.
- Recalculate Offer prices: Use this to withdraw the offer, and force the customer to re-book all their original items at face value. (This may mean that the customer has nothing to pay, but they receive a smaller refund for the ticket/s they are returning.)
- Preserve Offer prices: Use this to return the selected tickets, and keep the rest of the customer's order at the original discounted prices.
Note that you cannot change your mind about recalculating offers; if you need to change the recalculate/preserve option, you will need to cancel the return and start again, forcing the pop-up to reappear.
You should now have the information you need to configure Ticket Commissions.